Nelson Agholor is dangerously close to wearing his welcome out in Philadelphia. Another week, another series of soul-crushing drops from the city’s most despised wide receiver.
You know what? Nelson doesn’t let it bother him. Nah, why would he? He just brushes off the drops, goes on to run his next route (and probably drop that pass as well), and (most likely) hits up a strip club after the game despite warnings from teammates and franchise officials.
But how DARE anyone ask Nelly about the drops after the game. He doesn’t cotton to that nonsense. Nelly pretty much punched his ticket out of town after the year ends by criticizing a reporter for asking him to address his case of dropsies that has plagued him all year.
Compare Nelly’s reaction to pressure to that of Wade Phillips, 69-year-old defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos who absolutely got TRUCKED on the sideline of yesterday’s game against the Chargers, who took his lumps with aplomb and good grace.
Let’s compare the results of both Agholor and Phillip’s horrendous days at the office and how they affected the fanbases and teams.
Nelson Agholor drops several passes against the Cowboys, including a potential touchdown, and is asked about it by the press at the end of the game:
- “I’m tired of hearing about that shit.” We’re tired of watching it, Nelly.
- Rants at reporter, says he just does his job. Nobody gives a shit from a second year player who has disappointed at every turn in his career so far.
- Says placing blame on drops is “stupid.” You know what? YOU’RE STUPID. Boom, got him.
- Most likely went to a strip club after the game to unwind, will likely have several more lawsuits leveled against him in the next few weeks.
Wade Phillips is absolutely trucked on the sidelines of the Chargers, Broncos game and has to be carted off the field:
- Phillips lays motionless on the field for a number of minutes, but still has less drops than Agholor this season.
- May have a concussion or a broken leg, but still has less drops than Agholor this season.
- Gives crowd a wave as he is carted off the field, rallying his players to a victory over the Chargers. Still has less drops than Agholor this season.
- May go to a strip club to celebrate his release from the hospital. He earned it.