The star Philadelphia Eagles defensive lineman Fletcher Cox has made a point of not attending voluntary OTA workouts this off-season as continues to lobby the organization for a new, more lucrative contract.
The extraordinarily talented defensive lineman is still playing under his initial contract and certainly believes he has played himself into a newer, more expensive deal.
Cox has remained fairly silent throughout his holdout, but has published a number of Tweets that may allude to his disappointment with the team.
Despite never publicly mentioning anything about his squabble with the franchise, a number of Fletcher Cox’s contract demands were reportedly leaked to the media today and gives a fascinating incite into what the young superstar is asking for his next deal.
Cox is obviously asking for more money (millions in guaranteed money as well) but has also asked for several special perks to stay with the Eagles.
Aside from money, here is what Cox is asking to be included in his next deal:
- Personalized fruit basket prior to every home game. Easy on the honeydew melon and filler grapes. Heavy on the pineapple. Leftover fruit may not be distributed to teammates and must be thrown out and doused in bleach immediately.
- The opportunity to personally smash any award given to teammates throughout the season.
- Signed VHS copy of “Beaches” by Better Midler and Barbara Hershey.
- 10 to 15 plays of each game where he can try his hand at quarterbacking the offense.
- Mouth guards made of ham for practice.
- Any game-worn jerseys he distributes to children must be returned within three days, pressed and dry cleaned at the family’s expense.
- One or two of Doug Pederson’s “super sweet” visors.
- “Creepy” Chase Daniel may not speak or make eye contact with him on game day.
- A working hover board from Back to the Future Part II. If not available, a flying DeLorean from Back to the Future Part II. If not available, a time traveling, flying locomotive from Back to the Future Part III. If not available, a DVD copy of Back to the Future starring Eric Stoltz instead of Michael J. Fox. If not available, an opportunity to re-enact Back to the Future with him starring in the Marty role and Christopher Lloyd reprising his Doc Brown role.
- A sit-down with David Chase and a guarantee he reveals what happened to Tony Soprano in final episode of “The Sopranos.”
- A shit ton of more money.
So what do you think? Is he worth these demands?