Philadelphia, PA – A “mega-deal” offered by Chip Kelly one year ago to the Tennessee Titans for QB Marcus Mariota was actually far richer than is being reported by media outlets this morning.
According to NFL Insider Peter Schrager, the Eagles offered a 2015 2st round pick, a 2015 2nd round pick, a 2016 1st round pick and any of the team’s quarterbacks for Titans QB Marcus Mariota.
However, new information is coming to light that shows the Eagles offered far more than the base package after Kelly became desperate for the coveted quarterback he coached at Oregon.
In addition to the picks and the quarterback, Kelly reportedly offered the following for Mariota as well:
- A 2017 1st round pick.
- A 2017 7th round pick.
- A 16th round pick in the MLB draft (contingent on Phillies)
- Merrill Reese.
- The ghost of Harry Kalas.
- A choice of (1) couch from the Eagles clubhouse.
- Two tickets to any 2017 Lincoln Financial Field concert (offer not valid for Billy Joel or Bruce Springsteen).
- Swoop and the costume to Hip Hop (RIP 76ers mascot).
- Three footballs and two single bar face-mask helmets.
- VHS copy of NFL Bloopers Vol. 17
- VHS copy of NBA Hardwood: Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers starring Marv Albert and Frank Layden.
- VHS copy of The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon starring Tony Danza.
- Eagles Terrell Owens jersey modified into a Jason Avant jersey.
- Overstock of Andy Reid collectible mustache combs from 2007 season giveaway special.
So there you have it. It would have been quite a haul for the Titans if they had pulled the trigger.